Address/Tax Rate Lookup Page
The Address/Tax Rate Lookup Page provides access to the Department's Address/Jurisdiction Database and the Single Address Lookup Screen.
The Single Address Lookup Screen:
- Does not require registration to use.
- Contains taxing jurisdiction data and current tax rates.
- Can be used by communication services tax providers, sales tax dealers, and the public to find tax rates for communications services tax, general sales tax, discretionary sales surtax, and tourist development tax based on the address entered.
- Can be used by insurers to find the taxing jurisdiction for insurance premium tax based on the address entered.
The Address/Jurisdiction Database:
- Requires registration to use.
- Does not contain tax rates.
- Contains ranges of addresses organized by county.
- Contains taxing jurisdiction names (city and county) and FIPS 55 and Feature ID codes for each address range in the database.
- Is updated every six months.
- Can be downloaded by dealers, vendors, insurers, or others.
- Can be downloaded by local governments and fire districts, who can request changes.
- Can be downloaded in the Tax Jurisdiction Sourcing format developed for use by wireless telecommunications services providers and approved by the American National Standards Institute.