Skip menu navigation
Quick Facts about Revenue
The Florida Department of Revenue:
- Works on behalf of more than a million children to establish and collect child support.
- Collects and distributes more than $1.4 billion a year in child support payments.
- Helps establish paternity for over 90,000 children a year, providing them with a legal father.
- Collects over $30 billion a year in taxes and fees.
- Processes over $4 billion in receipts for other state agencies annually.
- Processes more than 9 million tax filings annually.
- Distributes over a billion dollars in discretionary sales surtax collections each year to 455 local jurisdictions, including counties, cities, and school districts.
- Oversees the local appraisal and assessment of taxes on more than 11 million parcels of property with a total value of over 1.5 trillion dollars.
- Reviews the property tax roll for each of Florida's 67 counties every year.
- Provides education, assistance and certification to 1,014 local government entities every year.
- Responds daily through our toll-free help lines to approximately 5,000 child support customers and 3,000 taxpayers.