Whether you are starting a business or you have an existing business, we want to help you understand your tax reporting and compliance responsibilities. We also have resources to help you fill out your tax forms and calculate the correct amount of tax.
If you are looking at business opportunities in Florida, get the tax information you need for a successful start.
Our tax information page has links to specific taxes administered by the Department of Revenue.
Our startup kit for new business owners contains a Business Owners Guide, forms and web links. The kit is geared toward sales and use tax filers, but contains information about corporate income tax, reemployment tax, and other taxes.
Learn More with Tax Tutorials
- Overview of Sales and Use Tax for Business Owners We recommend you take this tutorial before completing other sales and use tax tutorials.
- How to Enroll to e-File and e-Pay Sales and Use Tax (DR-15) [PDF] This tutorial is recommended for taxpayers who wish to enroll to file and pay tax on the DOR Internet.
- How to Navigate the Revenue Web Site to e-File and e-Pay Sales and Use Tax (DR-15) [Adobe Flash Player required] This tutorial is recommended for taxpayers who currently e-pay/e-file sales and use tax and also for taxpayers who are new to e-filing/e-paying tax.
- How to Complete Sales and Use Tax Returns This tutorial takes you step-by-step through completing your tax return and includes information about brackets, estimated tax, use tax, and how to report credits and local option taxes.
- How to Calculate and Pay Estimated Sales and Use Tax This tutorial is recommended for taxpayers who must pay estimated tax.
- How to Calculate, Collect, and Report Your Discretionary Sales Surtax (DSS) This tutorial focuses on how to report DSS and explains the $5,000 cap, and how to report DSS collected at different county rates.
- Motor Vehicle Dealers: How to Calculate, Collect, and Report Sales Tax This tutorial will help motor vehicle dealers to collect and pay Florida taxes timely, avoid filing errors, and accurately complete the front and back of your sales and use tax return (DR-15).
- Reemployment Tax Tutorial for Employers This tutorial was developed to help employers understand their responsibilities for reemployment tax.
Read industry-specific brochures for sales and use tax information relating to particular types of businesses.
Subscribe to our publications to stay up-to-date on tax law changes and get information to help you file your taxes accurately, efficiently, and on time.